Paraplegic Cerebral Palsy in Indiana Birth Injury Casesadmin
Paralysis is a word used to refer to loss of sensation in any of the body’s limbs or trunks. Cerebral palsy, on the other hand, is a form of motor neuron disorder caused by damage or infection affecting movement centers contained in the brain. Paraplegic cerebral palsy is used to describe a form of motor neuron disease which affects the lower part of the body.
Looking for a birth injury lawyer in Indiana? Call Michael McCready today on 877-561-3004 for your free and confidential consultation into all your medical malpractice issues in Indiana.
Cerebral palsy was once thought of as a chance or fluke occurrence that was caused by genetic error. However, over the last 6 decades, it has been shown that this neurodevelopmental disorder is caused by damage to the brain or some kind of infection which happens during the prenatal stage of pregnancy.
Here are some of the hallmarks of paraplegic cerebral palsy:
- Your child may be unable to move their lower limbs, and you may find them primarily moving using their forearms while crawling on the floor.
- They may also not be able to turn their trunk and look sideways or behind them since nerves around the trunk may not receive messages from the brain.
- Children with paraplegic cerebral palsy may have abnormal facial ticks and may have cross-eye, which may make other kids want to tease them due to their difference.
- Paraplegic cerebral palsy also affects bowel voiding, meaning that your child may regularly face incontinence as well as constant bacterial infections.
- Kids born with this form of cerebral palsy will tend to walk in a crouched manner, and their movements will be slow and purposeful.
Cerebral Palsy: Few Treatment Options
Unfortunately, there are no treatments that can reverse cerebral palsy for now. However, doctors have developed groundbreaking treatment modalities such as SEMLARASS which involves performing a number of surgeries on a young child with cerebral palsy in order to give them a wider range of movement and a decent shot at a better life.
Cerebral Palsy Lawsuit Help
Caring for a child with cerebral palsy in Indiana is a costly affair. It is estimated that you as a family may have to spend over a million dollars during his youth to buy them the needed equipment, clothing as well as get them specialized care. Since cerebral palsy is caused by medical malpractice due to the negligence of a prenatal nurse or delivery nurse, it makes sense to file an Indiana birth injury lawsuit in order to recover substantial compensation that will go a long way in helping provide your child with exceptional care.
Need help? Call us on 877-561-3004 for your free and confidential consultation and speak to one of our experienced Indiana cerebral palsy attorneys. Thanks for choosing us, and we look forward to hearing from you.