Indiana Playground Injuriesadmin
Playgrounds are supposed to be safe havens for children. This is a usually a central place at a school, neighborhood or public park where children play out their fantasies, swing, jump and run to their hearts’ abandon. This, however, isn’t usually the case as evidenced by the data coming out of the CDC which states that 200,000 children are injured in these areas. Playground injuries are complicated when it comes to seeking out compensation as well as how this money will be doled out. Because of this, it’s important to get in touch with a good Indiana playground lawyer.
Playground injuries can occur in a number of ways:
- A rotting and poorly-maintained block of wood can give way, sending children crashing to the ground.
- A poorly manufactured swing can detach and catapult children onto oncoming traffic
- An adult tasked with supervising children playing can act negligently and tear themselves away from the task at hand.
- A bully can confront a child seen as defenseless and beat them up to a pulp.
- Nails left by construction workers can make their way into the under soles of children’s shoes.
- Failure to maintain the equipment on the playground may lead to children using and being injured by seesaws that haven’t had a tune-up in years.
The majority of playground injuries are due to falls or equipment failure. These usually lead to serious injuries such as dislocated shoulders, broken bones, heavy bruising, lacerations, internal organ damage and bleeding, and so much more. In addition, the psychological scarring suffered by both the child and parents can haunt them for decades, necessitating therapy.
Given the complicated nature of these cases, it is important to seek out the services of an experienced Indiana playground lawyer. This is because there may be more than one plaintiff as well as a number of defendants such as the school district, City County, other children and their parents as well as the manufacturers and distributors of the playground equipment. In addition, the appointment of a guardian may need to be done as well as judicial supervision and approval as regards the damages won on behalf of the child.
Indiana Playground Injuries – Get Legal Help Today!
If your loved one was injured in an Indiana playground, please contact us today for help. These cases have a very short window within which one must file notices or be denied the chance of filing the official lawsuit, so time is of the essence. Call us today on 877-561-3004 for your free consultation. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.